google-site-verification: google189f732e6c42edca.html

Christian Poetry

Christian Poetry; Including poems by Maud Van Order of Michigan


Monday, September 28, 2009

My Prayer


  • I hope to ever keep the white light burning in my soul,

    And ever keep my ideals clean and whole.

    I hope to shun the dark and dreary ways,

    Keeping my eyes toward the light always,

    I hope to leave a ray of light when the day is done,

    To help my children dear to follow on.

    Maud E. Van Order
    (my Great-Grandmother)
    July 10 1946

1 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Snuffyb said...

    I like the imagery of the light. A christian symbol for God. The ideal of stay out and away from trouble for Him is a challenge in today's society.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home